EHLS trains native speakers of critical language in advanced English and career skills.
Program graduates are effective communicators and strong candidates for federal jobs.
Duration : January 6th ~ August 28th, 2020
Place : Georgetown University, Washington, DC.
Application deadline : July 5, 2019
- Instruction in advanced English and professional communication
- Full-time intensive program on the Georgetown University downtown campus from January 6 to June 26, 2020
- Part-time online program from July 6 to August 28, 2020
- All participants receive a full-tuition scholarship and a monthly living stipend
- Award funded by the National Security Education Program
- Limited financial support available for relocation to the Washington, DC, area
To be eligible you must :
- Be a U.S. citizen
- Be a native speaker of Arabic, Azerbaijani, Balochi, Bambara, Dari, Hausa, Hindi, Kazakh,
Korean, Kurdish, Kyrgyz, Mandarin Chinese, Pashto, Persian Farsi, Punjabi, Russian, Somali,
Tajik, Tamashek, Thai, Turkish, Urdu, Uzbek, or Vietnamese- Have advanced proficiency in English
- Have a college degree(B.A./B.S. or equivalent)
- Be able to commit to a full-time day program from January through June at Georgetown
University School of Continuing Studies- Agree to work for the federal government - in a position with national security
responsibilities - for at least one year.